Where is it from?
All materials, stories, Lesson Plans, Media Files etc. are written and currently produced by Kay Arwen M(Ed). Kay has been writing and running Self Development Material for twenty years, has founded KaiAmea Therapy and the KaiAmea School (her courses accredited by the Open College Network to OCN Level 3 equivalent to NVQ Level 3)
How is it delivered?
Each KaiAmea Learning To Live session runs for an hour delivering PHSCE & SEAL themes and values specifically geared towards different Key Stages and Year Groups. Typically the session includes four distinct phases.
- Initially Themes and Values are brought to life through interactive stories and/or role play especially written to explore empathy and the emotions and human values they contain.
- Emotions and their impact are then explored further with the use of KaiAmea Self Help Strategies and Laughter Yoga Techniques specifically designed to relate to the story or role play and tailored to the age group concerned; These allow the children to ‘fizz’ and provide the opportunity to release strain and tension from individuals and the class as a whole.
- KaiAmea Self Help Strategies to ‘Calm’ are then explored. Children are encouraged to try different techniques and explore strategies to promote feelings of being relaxed and ‘centred’ discovering which methods work best for them.
- Children then undertake art activities based on Art Therapy Techniques to further explore and process their own emotions and conclude the session.
Follow on activities
Following an hour’s session with a class; The Learning To Live Programme provides ‘follow on activities’ specifically designed to further explore the themes and values and provide children with additional opportunities to explore emotions and team build with their peers.
Thought for the week
Check the web site weekly for the KaiAmea Learning To Live quote. Designed to:
- Inspire self reflection.
- Promote a positive outlook.
- Promote discussion on repercussions of behaviour on experiences.