How does it aim to help children?
Kay has delivered one to one and group sessions to Reception through to Key Stage Three aged children.
Benefits can include:
- Enhanced learning: greater levels of focus, listening and participation in class.
- Promotion of good communication and relationships with peers.
- Inner happiness and feelings of well being.
- Feelings of calm & relaxation.
- Increased confidence & self esteem.
- Feeling self assured: secure with their sense of self, self expression and recognising their own capabilities.
- Increased creativity and enhanced perception.
How does it benefit the school?
- Contains PHSCE Themes & Values and encompasses curriculum criteria.
- Each lesson plan explores the five aspects of SEAL:
- Can result in children being calm and focused, confident, aware of themselves and others. Covers
- ‘Healthy School Initiative’ in helping to create a positive learning environment and ‘Every Child Matters’
(2004 Children’s Act 2004)
- Provides strategies for children to manage their own emotions and stress.